Happy City has a range of projects happening or in the pipeline. Plans are being formed, volunteers gathered, partners brought on board and funding sought. For an overview of where things have got to see our Annual Report 2011 here. For more information on our projects click on the individual project tabs.
Here’s a summary of SOME OF THE PROJECTS IN THE PIPELINE – get in touch & get involved….
- THE HAPPY CITY INDEX - is our ground-breaking project to help measure and improve the happiness and wellbeing of the whole city. It is a potentially game-changing set of tools to help citizens and policy makers to understand, measure and make a difference to their own and their community's capacity to flourish.
- HAPPY SCHOOLS PROJECT - working to support schools across the city to enable a positive, solutions focussed, collaborative and enabling mindset to spread, from pupil to pupil, teacher to teacher and parent to parent. Education AS happiness and Education FOR happiness.
- THE 5 WAYS TO WELLBEING - are the 5 broad areas of life that research has shown offer the best opportunities to boost wellbeing throughout life. Happy City has worked in partnership with NHS Bristol to produce a range of materials and training courses to help people across the city to integrate more everyday boosts of wellbeing into their lives.
- WORKHAPPY - a training and organisational development programme for businesses and organizations of every size and purpose. It offers top quality training and interventions to enable them to embrace the multiple benefits of a happier workforce, supply chain, customer base and local community.
- THE HAPPINESS HABIT PROGRAMME - The skills, habits and actions for a happier, more fulfilling life can be learned. This 10 week programme offers people the chance to learn how to develop lasting happiness and resilience in their own lives, and in turn, their families, friends, workplaces and communities. It makes the tools and habits of a flourishing life, easily accessible to people of all ages, backgrounds and dreams
- UPBEAT STREET– artists & amateurs, young and old, traditionalist and ground breakers anyone and everyone is invited to create objects and imagery inspired by things associated with developing happiness. The streets will be our galleries and homes our printing press as everyone can download and print out their favourites and display in them in shops, homes, noticeboards, cafes and windows across the city. The most popular will become party of the official Happiness Exhibitions touring the city.
- LOCAL HAPPYFESTS in YOUR Neighbourhood – We’ve already had 2 happiness festivals in Bristol’s fabulous local neighbourhoods of Easton and Knowle West – with events, activities, workshops, meals, parties, discussions, walks and talks. If you’d like to see the Happy Train rumble into your area, get in touch and we can make it happen
- HAPPY CITY COMMUNITY VOICE - working with film makers, writers, broadcasters and journalists to set up a human and equipment resource bank to train and support people in communities across the city in the the skills to get their voices heard. They will learn and spread the skills to make films, audio and written stories of positive change in community, to celebrate success and multiple the benefits to all those who are inspired by the results. together.
- VOICEBRIDGES - an exciting project to work with refugee and immigrant communities to explore, celebrate and spread the wisdom that different cultures traditions, beliefs, norms and practices offer us about creating happy communities. The resulting interactive online library of audio, video and written stories, will offer practical solutions, demonstrate the cultural, social and other benefits brought by refugees to the new communities they're moved into as well as help re-define prosperity.
- HAPPINESS HAPPENINGS – making an exhibition of happiness on the streets – there’s never a wrong time to spread happiness and no limit to ways we can do it. Look out for Happiness Improv coming to to a street, park, bus, pub, shopping centre near you…
- HAPPY TRACKS – Music makes us think, makes us dance and makes us happy. Musicians of EVERY genre and level are being invited to write or compose a track or a piece inspired by the theme of the Ingredients for Happiness. The best ones will get to perform at some of Bristol’s summer festivals, and even have the chance to be part of the future Happiness CD collections.
- HAPPINESS WALKS – walking makes you healthy AND gives an opportunity to see the world through a different lens. Guided Happiness walks will help get you curious, help you learn, get you interacting with place and people differently and having fun. [Happy History, Urban Nature, Art & Architecture, Treasure Hunts – all coming soon - via human, printed and mobile app guides]
- HAPPY GROW LUCKY & Food for Happiness helping connect people with opportunities to grow food, share food, and connect with nature & each other
- HAPPINESS THROUGH THE AGES – Capturing and sharing the wisdom of the young and old around pathways to happiness. What can we learn from people at both ends of life to help us find a longer lasting and more meaningful route to flourishing communities. The results of these interactive sessions will be made into an exhibition and book about Happiness through the ages.