Walking is great for wellbeing. It gets you active, outdoors and in touch with the world around you. If you do it in a group, the benefits can be multiplied. Happy City’s Walking for Wellbeing Kits help draw out every drop of wellbeing benefits from any walk.
Happy City worked with Walk for Life in 2013 to develop a series of materials and workshops to support the many local walking groups around the country to increase the wellbeing benefits of every walk. They are based on the ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’ and introduce easy ways to introduce one, some or all of the 5 ways into any walk.
They can be used either as a formal ‘exercise’ for any walking group, or merely as a bit of inspiration to ring the changes when you walk.
They are made available freely here to help spread the benefits far and wide. Please only use them for non-commercial use and let us know what you think so we can continue to learn. To find out more email email@example.com
The full kit consists of:
- A ‘how-to’ guide for using the packs for walk leaders
- The 5 Ways Walking Kit
- The Connect-while-you-walk Walking Kit
- The Learn-while-you-walk Walking Kit
- The be more Active-while-you-walk Walking Kit
- The Notice-while-you-walk Walking Kit
- The Give-while-you-walk Walking Kit
- A feedback form for walking groups using the kits